Friday, September 29, 2006

"Ya tayr", Fairouz




Oh bird, who are flying over the edge of the world
If you could only tell the beloved one what's up with me
Oh bird

Go ask the one whose beloved is not with him
Hurt by the wounds of love, what will be good for him?
Being in pain, and not telling what pains him
And longing for the nights of childhood
Oh bird

Oh bird, who are carrying with you the color of the trees
There's nothing left but this waiting and boredom
I wait under the sun, on the cold stone
Confused, and the separation distresses me
Oh bird

In the name of your feathers and my days too
In the name of thorny flowers and blowing winds
If you were going to see those I love, and love was to erupt again
Take me even for one minute and then bring me back
Oh bird

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home