Monday, July 31, 2006

"Hawa Bayrut", Fairouz




They blockaded the roads
They dimmed the signs
They planted cannons
They mined the squares
Where are you, my love?
After you, my love
We became a love that screams
We became distant.

For the happy days we longed
The happy days of staying out on the road
The long walks
And the rendez-vous at the old restaurant.

O love of Beirut
O love of the days
They will come back, o Beirut
The days will come back.

The second summer has come
The moon is broken
I'll tell you, you're going to forget me
My defeated love
I went back to my house
I didn't find my house
Only smoke and twisted beams
No rose and no fence.

The time that goes by is like the tip of a sword
Under the stars of the night when there's no direction
I'll tell you where are the friends
Where are tears and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home